Financial Aid Information

Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid

At Touro University Worldwide, we are committed to providing an affordable education that leaves students with the ability to increase their earning power. In addition to keeping tuition costs low and offering discounts on required materials, we also work with students to help them receive as much financial assistance as possible. Between federal, institutional and community financial aid, we are able to provide our students with a number of options to pay for their college tuition. Our goal is to provide affordable education solutions that are attainable for any potential student.

Interactive Financial Aid Calculators

Touro University WorldWide Net Price Calculator
Touro College – Los Angeles Net Price Calculator

Types of Financial Aid

With a variety of financial aid options available to our online students, there are plenty of ways to make your education affordable. By just asking one of our financial aid advisors, prospective students can learn what you are eligible for and help you achieve your goals.


This financial aid typically is given to a student based on need. Often from governmental sources, these awards do not have to be repaid upon completion of your course of study.

GI Bill® Benefits

Military students are eligible for education assistance via the GI Bill. These awards vary based on service time and other factors.

Learn more about your GI Bill benefits and how Touro can help you capitalize on them here

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at


Loans are funds that can be borrowed at a lower interest rate for expenses associated with college. These are offered both by the federal government and private lenders, such as banks. Loans must be repaid in addition to the interest accrued during the time of the loan. Students should consider applying for federal loans because they are often offered at a lower interest rate than loans from private lenders.

Your Touro University Worldwide financial aid advisor can offer you guidance on loans. Contact one today.

Applying for Financial Aid at TUW

Please review all of our eligibility requirements before you apply for financial aid, and contact us with any questions.


A student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen to receive federal aid. An eligible non-citizen is defined as:

  • U.S. permanent resident with a valid Alien Registration Receipt (I-151 or I-551).
  • Conditional Permanent resident (I-151).
  • Other eligible non-citizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
  • Other eligible non-citizen with a Temporary Resident Card (I-688).

If a student is in the U.S. on an F1 or F2 student visa, only a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or only a G series (pertaining to international organizations), they are not eligible for federal student aid.

Financial Aid History

Applicants must not be in default on a federal loan or in overpayment status. They cannot have exceeded annual or aggregate loan limits.

Your personal financial aid history can be obtained by visiting the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website. You will need your FSA ID to access your account.

Financial Need

Applicants must demonstrate financial need.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students who receive financial aid must be enrolled in an eligible program and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by their academic program.

The Financial Aid Office, in consultation with the Registrar and the Office of Student

Affairs, assesses students’ academic progress every term. Students whose cumulative GPA or/and pace does not meet the SAP standards set forth by their program will receive written notice when they are in danger of being placed on financial aid probation.

Students placed on financial aid probation may become eligible for aid again once they have improved their academic performance to meet their program’s SAP standards. Students with extenuating circumstances may file a SAP appeal with their academic advisor, and if approved will become eligible for federal aid again.

Social Security Number

Student must provide a correct Social Security Number (SSN).

Selective Service

Male students have to be registered with Selective Service to receive federal financial aid. Registration should be completed between the ages of 18 and 25.

Selective Service can be reached at (847) 688-6888 for enrollment verification.

Entrance & Exit Counseling

Incoming students and first time loan borrowers need to complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note before applying for federal student loans. Please go to

Students who are graduating, withdrawing, or dropping below half time enrollment need to complete the Exit Test. Please go to, click on tools and exit interview.

Eligibility & Application

To become eligible for financial assistance with TUW, contact our financial aid office by calling 877-868-7690 or by emailing to request a financial aid package. TUW’s financial aid office is available to provide personal assistance with your financial aid questions. Please specify that this is for the TUW campus. Before applying to TUW, you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility for financial support.

You must apply for funding each award year to maintain your benefits. You should complete the reapplication process at least 60 days before your academic year ends. For additional information, contact the TUW financial aid office at

Military Financial Aid

  1. Understand Eligibility: Start by visiting the FSA website to learn basic eligibility requirements.
  2. Submit Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Log into to start your FASFA for each award year. You will need a FSA ID for this step.
  3. Register for Courses: During course registration, login to TUW Student Portal, click on Registration and follow the registration wizard to complete your registration.
  4. Financial Aid Office: Email or call 877-868-7690 option # 5.
  5. Review your Award(s): Review your Award Letter on TouroOne Portal. It outlines your cost of attendance, expected family contribution, and eligible aid for the academic year. You must accept the award before it can be process.
  6. Disclose all Sources of Aid: Contact the financial aid office if you plan to use multiple sources of aid, such as military TA or scholarships.

For most undergraduate and graduate students, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the starting point for funding their education. After you submit your FAFSA and any other required documents, the financial aid office will review your application and send you a notice so that you can view your eligibility in the Touro One portal.

The amount of time between submitting your FAFSA and receiving your eligibility notice from financial aid depends upon when your file is complete. Please submit all requested documents as soon as possible and contact the financial aid office if you have questions.

Cal Grants

The Cal Grant Program is a state-funded educational opportunity grant program to assist students in paying for a college education.

The amount of Cal Grant awarded varies depending on the California State Budget authorization each year. All applicants must submit a FAFSA and GPA Verification Form by published deadlines, usually March 2 of the previous academic year.

Students who qualify for a Cal Grant and submit their completed applications by the deadline will receive a notification letter from the California Student Aid Commission announcing the results. Students may also check on the status of their Cal Grants application online at All Cal Grant applicants are considered for a Cal Grant A, B, or C, but students may only receive benefits from one Cal Grant program at a time.

A, B or C

Cal Grant A provides grant funds to help pay tuition/fees for California residents at qualifying institutions offering baccalaureate degree programs. If a student receives a Cal Grant A award but decides to attend a California Community College first, the student may choose to hold his or her award in reserve for up to two years. A 3.0 GPA is required to qualify for Cal Grant A.

Cal Grant B provides grant funds for access costs for low-income students in an amount not to exceed $1,656. This grant is to be used for living expenses and expenses related to transportation, supplies, and books. Beginning with the second year of Cal Grant B benefits, Cal Grant B also helps pay for tuition/fees for California residents attending qualifying institutions offering baccalaureate degree programs. A 2.0 GPA is required to qualify for Cal Grant B.

Touro College Los Angeles / Touro University Worldwide students are not eligible for Cal Grant C, which assists students with tuition/fee and training costs for occupational or vocational programs. To avoid the possibility of unnecessary delays in the process, students are strongly encouraged to seek the assistance of the financial aid staff both when completing their FAFSAs and GPA Verification Forms and when responding to other state inquires.

Touro College Los Angeles / Touro University Worldwide Cal Grant Residency Policy

Quick Tips

  1. Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2020 for the 2021-2022 academic year and the Federal school code is 041425 or download the FAFSA mobile app on iOS or Android (TUW recommend to start your FAFSA application at least 6 weeks prior to the start of your studies).
  2. Do not wait until you submit your admissions application to file your FAFSA
  3. Be sure to use your correct Social Security Number on your FAFSA because this error is difficult to correct
  4. Use the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) Data Retrieval Tool to complete your FAFSA if possible
  5. Make sure your answers on the FAFSA are accurate
  6. You must resubmit the FAFSA for each year of your enrollment
  7. If you have questions, ask your financial aid office for help or call 1.800.4FED.AID (1-800-433-3243)

Learn more about the federal loan programs

Undergraduate Students

As an undergraduate by submitting the FAFSA, you will be evaluated for federal grants and loans. Many states, including California, use the FAFSA to evaluate you for a grant from your state of residence. If you are a California resident, you may be eligible for the Cal Grant.

Many students are eligible for a combination of financial aid scholarships, grants and loans to assist with tuition, fees and books as well as living expenses like housing and food.

Graduate Students

The options for financial assistance from the federal and state programs for graduate students are unfortunately almost entirely limited to loans. As a graduate student, you may be able to borrow up to $20,500 in the federal unsubsidized student loan for each academic year of study (so long as you enroll at least halftime). You may also be able to borrow up to the Cost of Attendance in the Graduate PLUS loan if you need to cover your living expenses. The Graduate PLUS loan, unlike the unsubsidized student loan, requires a credit check for approval.

Don’t Delay – Apply Today!

Office of Financial Aid

Tel: 877-868-7690 Extension:85176